Warming up your sending IP address and sender reputation is a crucial first step towards ensuring higher email deliverability.
This is how you can get started, even if you have never done something like this before:
- Design high-engagement automation flows for both emails and SMS such as Welcome, Abandoned Cart, etc., and let these run for at at least 3-10 days;
- Migrating from another email marketing tool? Follow the steps below:
- Create a segment of contacts who engaged (opens and clicks) with your emails and SMS over the last 180 days;
- Send your first email and SMS campaigns to the above segment and new subscribers from over the last 45 days only;
- Actively track key engagement metrics for each campaign. The following chart can help you understand where your campaign performance stands:
If your campaigns consistently trend towards the orange or red zones indicated in the above chart, we’d recommend you to verify if you are indeed following the best deliverability practices described here.