NOTE: This automation, like the abandoned cart sequence, needs your online store to be integrated with your Sender account, else the latter would not know when a purchase has been made.
1. Click on “Automation” -> “Create New Workflow” and name your new workflow.
2. Choose the trigger as “A product is purchased”.
3. Click on the trigger to configure it with your product’s unique code (also called “SKU”) in case you are selling multiple products.
4. Add an email step to send out a thank you email immediately post purchase of the product.
5. Let us also set up an SMS to go out along with this email, with a special discount code that they can use for their next purchase with you.
6. Now, lets add a delay of 9 days (for the purchased product to be delivered and for them to start using it). After the delay, you could send out a product feedback email to understand their pleasures and frustrations with their purchase.
7. Post the product feedback email, you can add a delay of a few days and then send them an upsell or cross-sell opportunity at an irresistible price.
Since they’ve already bought from you once, they know and trust you. So, it will be relatively easy for you to sell them more of what they just bought or products complementary to their most recent purchase.
Let the sky be the limit when it comes to designing your automations.